The Conference shall delve into the thoughts of industry experts and leaders on potential reforms in progressing infrastructure finance and expansion of African markets from the present standing. Like previous years, this year’s edition has leading industry experts who will be sharing insights, elucidating on the evolution of Islamic finance around the globe, with the focus being on Africa.
The 5th AICIF is an inclusive gathering geared towards:
- Building and enhancing private and public sector institutional capacity on Islamic Finance;
- Creating a platform for Public Private Partnerships leveraging Islamic Finance;
- Creating a platform for financial institutions and other key eco-system players to demonstrate their commitment and support for the development of Islamic Finance in Africa;
- Motivating financial institution, to push for better defined regulations in the Islamic finance space;
- Contributing to the development of sector-specific roadmaps;
- Focusing on Microfinance as a tool for financial inclusion, poverty alleviation and promoting economic growth;
- Establishing a Community of Practice that will serve as a credible resource/support for Islamic Finance deal structuring;
- Establishing a platform for periodically reviewing trends and progress in the ecosystem; and
- Bringing together major sector specific players to network with key decision makers, learn about potential opportunities and pipeline projects, share ideas and forge the future of Islamic Finance in Africa.